Tuesday 18 September 2012

REVIEW: MARKS & SPENCER LIMITED COLLECTION LIPSTICK IN 'PLUM'




Marks and Spencer's Limited Collection Lipsticks come in a range of colours but I chose the colour 'Plum' as I wanted another lipstick to channel this season's berry shades with.


This lipstick is £5 which seems reasonable enough although the colour in reality looks nothing like the swatch on the website. I was expecting a purpley-plum and instead I was presented with a red-plum. Hey-ho, next time I choose a Limited Collection Lipstick it will be in store. Live, learn and all that jazz.


It's a nice quality lipstick and highly pigmented. The bullet is a tad soft so it's probably better applying this with a brush and I would say add a slick of Lipcote over the top to make it last a bit longer. The colour bleeds so maybe a lip liner should be used too? It stains rather a lot after wear but I don't mind that too much as I will just use a lip scrub to lessen the colour.


Would I recommend it? This is one of those products that could swing either way for anyone so my suggestion would be to try one for yourself and see what you think. I don't deem it a waste of money but then I don't think any lipstick can be classed as a waste of money because I love them too much.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh gorgeous colour on you :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some unusual lipstick packaging right there. Shame it didn't turn out as it looked on the website, I never seem to find a lipstick online that looks as it does in the bullet! It's strange how I find £5 expensive for a lipstick after sampling MUA ones :/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree, lipsticks aren't usually so... space age? Haha yes I know what you mean about MUA! It makes the price I paid for my Dior look ridiculous xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.