Friday 19 October 2012

REVIEW: BALANCE ME ROSE OTTO HAND CREAM




Firstly, I just want to say - this is the best hand cream I have ever tried. That is my own opinion. Nothing has influenced it. I genuinely love it.


I've never been one for 'hand care'. I bite my nails, I will happily thrust my hands into boiling water and place my palms on hot cooker tops. It goes with the territory of my job - some things just have to be done and so they've become second nature. I've never given it a thought... until now.


My step-mother told me the other day: 'People know, from the state of your hands, just what you do for a living and guess at how old you truly are-' before looking down at her own hands and sighing 'Everyone must think I'm 80 years old and labour for a living from the state of mine though.' If anyone is wondering she is actually a psychologist.


In a panic I picked up this hand cream and took it to work. I used it all day. I made my colleague, Rob, use it. I made the customers I like use it. They all said the same thing: 'Wow - my hands feel amazing!' (or words to that effect).


Balance Me describe this hand cream as 'richly moisturising and velvet-ifying' whilst stating that they have 'blended naturally active anti-oxidant rich Arctic cloudberry, soothing camellia and kukui nut oils with super smoothing organic shea butter.' They say that their 'fragrant rose smoothing essential oil blend softens, brightens and treats the skin on your hands to a daily dose of velvet-ifying goodness!'


I can tell you that my hands have never felt so smooth or soft. The fragrance is out of this world - even when Rob went to get the newspapers for the pub ten minutes after he applied it the lady in WHSmith commented on the scent asking him what it was and where he got it (being a bloke he just said 'It's a hand cream Helen made me put on...' - men, eh?). It's non-greasy, sinks in lightening quickly and manages to keep my hands feeling and smelling amazing for a long time. A little of the thick white cream goes a very long way too.


The ingredients are 98.8% natural with absolutely no parabens, sulphates, petroleum, mineral oils, silicones, dea, pegs, propylene glycol, artificial fragrances or colours. I have no idea what half of that means but my younger brother, currently studying Chemistry at University, tells me that is a great thing.


Not only that, the founders of Balance Me have just been awarded the prestigious beauty honour of 'Members Achiever Award' by the organisation Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW), which is voted for by members of the organisation and aims to recognize women within the beauty industry that have helped advance other women within the organisation whilst demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities. In short, this is brand run by women that have been recognized as amazing.


Seriously - what is not to love? This hand cream is worth every single penny (maybe more?). It has all the luxury of a high-end brand but at an affordable price. I can't recommend it highly enough and I will definitely be purchasing this when my current tube runs out.


Balance Me Rose Otto Hand Cream* is available from John Lewis and the Balance Me Website: RRP £14.50.


Now I'm off to google 'Arctic cloudberry' as I, even though I have no idea what they are, I need to get me some.

4 comments:

  1. It really in one of the best hand creams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! If I remember correctly I forced it upon you! LISA TRY THIS!!! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm really getting into hand creams at the minute .. think it's the weather! this looks great! :D

    loved your birthday video by the way!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these- I can't remember the scent but it's in orange packaging? It's SO thick and moisturising!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.