Thursday 25 October 2012

REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER 'ART OF EYES' SUBTLE SMOKEY EYES KIT




Another birthday gift from Rach, as she knows that I love Estee Lauder, this was such a lovely surprise to open. It's the Estee Lauder 'Art of Eyes' Subtle Smokey Eyes kit which comes with four products and a rather luminous make-up bag. Inside the kit there is:


1 x Pure Colour Eye-Shadow Compact which contains 5 different colours.
1 x 1.9ml Double Wear Concealer in Medium-Light (02)
1 x Full Size Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara in 'Black'.
1 x Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil in 'Onyx'.
1 x Estee Lauder Beauty Bag


Although I haven't tried to follow the instructions for Estee Lauder's perfect subtle smokey eye on the back I will definitely use these colours. They're a little low in pigment but they do build beautifully if you want something a little more intense from your shadows. The palette also consists of colours that I would never have thought to put together for a smokey eye so this was an education. They're unscented and finely milled which makes them perfect for sensitive skin types and easy to work with. There is no product or colour fall out. Perfection in a palette.


The concealer is a little too dark for me so I may have to wait until summer, when my skin is naturally darker, to be able to use this product. I already own the Double Wear Concealer in my usual colour, Light (01), so I know that it works beautifully.


The Double Wear eye pencil was a revelation. I have never used any of the Estee Lauder pencils - whether it's for lips or eyes. I've always assumed that I can get the same product for a millionth of the price from a drugstore. It's so soft and easy to use. It smudges well and really does stay in place - as you can see from my wrist with the pencil really does sat-in-place. That photo was taken a good three hours after the original swatch when I tried to scrub it off with some tissue because someone asked me if I had had a new tattoo in the corner shop (yes, really - I raised my eyebrows too). It doesn't budge. Uh-uh. No sir. Only a decent eye-makeup remover is going to get rid of it.


The mascara is nothing new to me - I've maintained a love affair with this mascara for a while now as I already have one in brown. You can read about this mascara and the other Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara here.


Estee Lauder 'Art of Eyes' Subtle Smokey Eye kits are available at Estee Lauder counters across the UK and online. RRP: £32.00.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great little kit for the perfect smokey eye! Shame about the little pigmentation on the eyeshadows though :(

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely thought you had an estee lauder tattoo then! The eyeliner sounds really good! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I was looking for Art of Eye Subtle Smoky collection and reached the right place. Love from India.

    Shopping, Style and Us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.