Thursday 11 October 2012

BOOK: THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL BOOK

I want to travel. I want to see the world. I want to write about it. I've been to a fair few places in my life so far already and that is something I have been very privileged to have done. So far I have been to France, Holland, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Morocco and around the United Kingdom.

Having done most of Eastern Europe and touched down on the African Continent I am now hankering for adventures a little further afield. It's just that it takes money to do all of these things. My step-mother, Rach, told me she would look after everything here at home if I happened to take myself off for six months back-packing. I was sorely tempted as I found a round-the-world plane ticket for £5,000 - which is not an insurmountable amount of money. The only thing stopping me was my job. It wouldn't be here when I returned. Neither would Dave's. 

That was a gamble I wasn't willing to take considering the current job market. 

And then Rach presented me with this book to add to my collection:





It's absolutely amazing. It contains everything any thrill seeker would want to know before they hop onto the next continent, as well as a whole host of other information about how to get to these places and who to contact to do it. There are certain things that I wouldn't want to do but the majority of it I would.


The glossy pictures are high definition snap-shots of each country and what they have to offer a tourist. There are small paragraphs of information for the numbered lists of things to do in each country. The book itself is split into 'areas' that are grouped together. The index is so comprehensive that, if you don't fancy flicking through the entire block of pages, you can quickly skip to what you want to read about with ease.


In fact, this book has got me saving various amounts of pennies in various different pots for a whole list of different countries to visit 'one day'. I can't fault it. I never put it away either.


If you love travel or want to go some day then this is the book for you.


RRP: £12.99 AMAZON PRICE: £9.09

2 comments:

  1. This book looks so good! I have yet to travel very far and have so many places I want to see, I think this has to go on my wishlist for some inspiration!
    My boyfriend got me 1001 Things to See Before You Die and I would recommend it too, there are some amazing things in it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless you love your job, you will never regret leaving. There is however a good chance that you will regret staying in boring job & not going. I know the job market is tough, but you could do it. Better to come back and be a cleaner for a while than never go.

    God I am an old lady!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.