Wednesday 13 February 2013

REVIEW: HERBAL ESSENCES 'HELLO HYDRATION' & 'TOUSLE ME SOFTLY' INTENSIVE MASKS

Herbal_Essences_Intensive_Masks (1)
Herbal_Essences_Intensive_Masks (2)


I've already talked about the Herbal Essences 'Beautiful Ends' Intensive Mask in glowing terms back in October but I had so many recommendations since then that I thought I would take a closer look at the other two best selling intensive hair masks in the Herbal Essences Range: the 'Hello Hydration' and 'Tousle Me Softly'.

I'm a hair mask girl - I would rather use a hair mask than normal conditioner so that's what I've been using these two as regularly as I would a standard conditioner and the effect on my hair has been incredible.


HELLO HYDRATION
For some reason, most noticeably since the beginning of December, I have noticed just how dry my hair is. I picked this up in the hope of adding an instant boost of hydration to locks that were looking a little lack-lustre. The first thing I noticed about this product was the smell... The coconut in this is almost overwhelmingly sickly sweet. Its not a bad thing but I'm not one of those lovers of coconut that goes nuts for anything to with that scent. Still, Dave likes it a lot - and I aim to please. The pale blue colour isn't something new but it makes a change from the usual white of intensive masks. The product isn't particularly thick but it spreads out more easily throughout the hair because of it and I work it into the roots and the tips. I've left it on for a couple of minutes and I've left it on for over an hour during the use of one pot. 

Each time I've used 'Hello Hydration' I've seen the same results after blow-drying: super soft hair that looks healthy and shines beautifully.


Even when I came back from La Rosiere where I'd had actual icicles in my hair for some of the trip (it was -15C outside) before then stepping into the sweaty warmth of the overheated chalet - which had completely zapped my hair and made it dry as the Sahara - one soak in this conditioner completely turned back the week of abuse. I'm astonished. It really is brilliant. The only thing I can say isn't great about this product is that I haven't noticed my frizz decreasing but to be honest I have enough other products to combat that issue so I can simply add one of those on top. Would I recommend it? Yes. 

TOUSLE ME SOFTLY
My hair is naturally wavy/curly. On the days when I don't straighten my hair (often - I'm not a massive fan of heat) I tend to pin it up. This, however, leads to lots and lots of frizz - which in turn leads to lots and lots of hair spray being used. I was yet to find a conditioner that worked in my favor when it came to stopping my waves and curls from frizzing out. 

I've tried a lot of more expensive alternatives before I arrived at 'Tousle Me Softly' but now I wish I had gone straight to this product.


Much like 'Hello Hydration', 'Tousle Me Softly' has a very sweet scent - a little more floral than coconut as it contains Violet as one of the ingredients - I actually really like it and it leaves a faint and subtle scent on the hair for a long time after use. It's lilac in colour and again, thinner in consistency than usual hair masks, but this is a plus for me as it's easier to spread across the hair like that. Much the same as 'Hello Hydration' I've used 'Tousle Me Softly' for just a few minutes some times but during others have left it on my head for nigh on an hour. I've found that the longer I leave it on my hair the more limp my waves appear afterwards - they aren't as springy as they can be. However, leave it on for too little time and it appears to have no affect. I reckon 10-15 minutes is probably best for my hair. This might differ depending on your own waves and curls though. My hair is always silky soft after use though and the shine is good. Would I recommend it? I would - but beware of the time you use it for.

Herbal Essences products are sold across the country in various high street drugstores and supermarkets. Superdrug currently has these Herbal Essences Hair Masks on offer for only £1.85 online and in store which is better than half price. Snap yours up whilst you have the chance!

2 comments:

  1. I've been told about the Hello Hydration Mask a few times now. Once I've used up my Tresemme Keratin Smooth Mask I'm gonna give it a try :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their masks! The beautiful ends one smells delicious! :D Love that!
    I will be trying both these out soon :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.