Monday 6 May 2013

REVIEW: BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA

IMG_3841
IMG_3842
IMG_3844
IMG_3845
IMG_3846
IMG_3879


It would appear I've been living under a rock as I seem to have arrived late for this particular beauty party. Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara is the No1 best selling mascara in the UK. It seems there's good reason for that too.


I won't ramble on too much - I think everyone and their cat has either read the reviews on this gem or tried it for themselves. The packaging is a bit boring considering the usual Benefit fare but the product itself can't be faulted. I take a lot of pride in my eyelashes purely because I believe that they're the one thing I can truly be proud of and, without bragging, they're already very long, slightly curled and tend to fan out nicely. I usually find that natural brushes work best for me, volumising formulas instead of lengthening ones stop my lashes smudging onto the hoods of my eyelids and as I don't like scrubbing at my eyes non-waterproof mascaras tend to be my choice. By rights I should have hated this mascara with it's plastic wand, waterproof lengthening formula and the fact its a bitch to remove (as anyone that has used it will tell you - brilliant thought if you worry about your makeup not lasting). Somehow though, with all odds stacked against it, it's won me over. 


Looking at the difference that just one coat makes says it all. My eyelashes look fake - to the point where even Dave (who, I assure you, notices very little nothing) asked me why I was wearing falsies. 


It's a natural fakeness though - the kind you can achieve with lash extensions that come at a hefty price in spas and salons. The black is truly black and it stands out against even the smokiest of eye-shadow looks. The wand glides through lashes without leaving clumps and the formula doesn't smudge or flake. I'm in awe.
The only issue with this mascara is that it takes the most monumental of efforts to get off. It requires an oil based eye-makeup remover (I'm currently using the Lancome Bi-Facil - review coming soon), some soaking and then - just to make sure it's definitely all removed - a steam with a hot flannel and a gentle wipe for at least three times. If you definitely want a mascara that won't budge or smudge then this is the mascara for you! I never thought I was physically capable of mustering the motivation to go through a cleanse like that for one product but for the results Benefit They're Real gives then I think I'll put it with it.


Would I recommend it? YES. Definitely. Once you've tried this everything simply pales in comparison.


Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara is the UK's No1 best selling mascara. It's available from Benefit counters worldwide and well as from the Benefit website. RRP: £19.50. You can follow Benefit on Twitter and Facebook for news, new product launches and competitions.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I think I'll get the Elle sample size to see what I think, the removal sounds like a bit of a chore x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a little sample In Elle magazine and I think it's amazing, I'm tempted to buy the full size even though it is quite expensive x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same position as you - I haven't tried this yet but am planning to buy it soon! It looks really good! I've been using YSL false lash effect and it doesn't seem to be as good as people seem to make this look so I'm excited to try it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mascara! It took me a while to give it a go as I truly didn't think it would be worth all the hype. As soon as I tried it though I was hooked! Am still trying to get an effective removal process in place though!

    Ash

    ashleighsteaparty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try mine! I'm not looking forward to taking it off though it sounds like a painn x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, and I find attempting to remove it is a great way to test the power of a new cleanser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.