Monday 20 May 2013

PICKS: CORAL

IMG_4188
IMG_4191
IMG_4193


Coral colours and summer sunshine go hand-in-hand in my opinion and it would seem that with the explosion  of coral products coming through at the moment the beauty industry feels the same way. Although I've had these products for a few months now, some for nigh on a year, they're colours that I love and use every time the sun comes out.


LIPS
You may be wondering why I've included ELF Lip Plumping Gloss in 'Peach Passion' £1.50 when it looks more of a peach but I think that it looks a lot more coral on the lip and because it's fairly sheer it sits really well over the top of the other colours I'm showing. I tend to ignore the clear plumping side at the second end of this double-ended product because I don't like that tingling plumping sensation but for the price I don't feel like I'm wasting my money. MUA Lipstick in 'Juicy' £1.00 is a lovely affordable light orange-coral shade that look perfect in summer against a tan and really lifts the face if you're a tad pale (like me). The L'Oreal Glam Shine Lip Stains didn't really win me over when I tried one of their lighter colours but I happen to really love the L'Oreal Glam Shine Lip Stain in 'Princess' £7.99. It not only leaves a great stain behind once the shine has worn off but the coral in this stain is really orange based which looks great on all lips in my opinion. If you don't own it already and really want something orange-based then I highly recommend this one! Obviously I couldn't write a post like this without mentioning the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Rendezvous' £7.99. It's a beautiful coral orange than can be built up or left really sheer. It's moisturising which in dry hot weather is great for the lips.


IMG_4185
IMG_4184
IMG_4187


FACE
Starting with the much hailed dupe for NARS 'Orgasm' Blush, ELF Studio Blush in 'Candid Coral' £3.50, this is a really lovely coral with tiny flecks of gold which gives the skin a glowing subtle shimmer. It's a colour I've been reaching for a lot recently and although if you use too much it can look chalky this is really easy to blend. Estee Lauder Pure Colour Satin Blush in 'Blushing Nude' £24.00 is a colour that I reach for all year round and it's peachy undertones make it really wearable for every day yet it can be built up to give a strong coral like appearance. I genuinely love this shade. Lily Lolo Mineral Blush in 'Cherry Blossom' £7.00 is a very light peachy-coral shade which contains some shimmer and therefore works really well as a highlight too. It's easy to blend and durable. It looks amazing on pale skin because it's not as orange as some other choices listed here. I absolutely adore the FashionistA Custom Design Blush in 'London' £4.00 for a subtly coral shimmer that looks natural and glowy. Similarly FashionistA Blush in 'Juicy Apricot' £4.00 is stunning and looks really pretty with a nude lip and neutral eyeshadow. This is slightly darker than all of the other shades so it needs to be treated with a little more caution when applying. 


Do you have any coral picks for this summer? Have you tried any of my picks and what do you think of them? Recommend them below!

9 comments:

  1. I'd say these products were much more peach than coral - coral is shot through with more pink.

    Although thanks as I was looking for some peachy lippies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always under the impression coral could go either way - towards the more pink or orange end of the spectrum. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I love the revlon balm stain! super pretty :) x x x

    dippywrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! That MUS lipstick in Juicy looks SO gorgeous :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sadly not the best one to wear corals, for example the MUA Juicy lipstick can look so wrong on me haha
    But I might be tempted to get a L'Oreal lip stain...as for coral blushes, they only look good on me when I'm super tanned, my skin color is on the yellow side naturally and it doesn't wanna play along :P


    x Joanna@The Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO nice!! I love coral at the moment :) xx

    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving Coral at the moment, it's lovely. I love the Revlon Balm.

    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the mua lipsticks!

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fan of the MUA lipsticks! They're such beautiful quality yet so inexpensive! Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.