Monday 25 November 2013

REVIEW: LUSH GREASE LIGHTNING SPOT TREATMENT

LUSH_Grease_Lightning
LUSH_Grease_Lightning_1


I bought this LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Treatment after a recommendation from a fellow blogger although I was aware it'd gotten mixed reviews. I was suffering from small but painful breakouts across my jawline and up onto my cheeks at the time so I thought I might as well give it a whirl. The packaging is the usual black from LUSH but does have the hygienic pump that stops bacteria from infiltrating the bottle. Thumbs up for that.


I asked the assistant about it when I bought it because I find that the sales assistants in LUSH are always super helpful and eager to recommend their favourite products. 

As I talked to the lady in the store she suggested that I try this as an all over light layer before bed each night and then, in the morning, I should simply dab it onto the spots individually before I apply my moisturiser.


The texture of the product is definitely a gel - it's clear but tacky and leaves my skin feeling very sticky which doesn't help when it comes to make-up application first thing in the morning. 


It smells lightly herbal but isn't offensive so I can'y imagine it interfering with sensitive skin types unless you have an allergy to one of the ingredients. I took to using it only in the evenings after struggling with it in the mornings for a few days. Containing witch hazel and tea-tree (the natural anti-blemish agents of the world) I was really hoping that it'd work but unfortunately it didn't.


I felt like it did nothing for my skin whatsoever. Whilst my blemishes have since gone, I attribute that to stopping using Grease Lightning and starting to use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. I've attempted to use this since - sort of interspersing it with other blemish treatments - but, yet again, it's done nothing. On the plus size, I did notice that the redness in my blemishes was slightly reduced but that isn't really enough when I want to look flawless.


I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I felt like it was a waste of money for my skin personally. I still love LUSH and wouldn't hesitate to try more products from them but I do feel like I'll be giving this one a wide berth in the future. 


I'll continue to use it in the future (with my fingers crossed that it eventually proves itself - if it does I'll do a follow-up review) because I don't want to simply chuck it out and waste that money but I do have to admit that I was extremely disappointed. 


LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Treatment (RRP £5.95) is available from LUSH stores and the LUSH website. You can follow LUSH on Twitter and Facebook for news, competitions, updates and more.

6 comments:

  1. I've tried a sample of this too, and I have to admit I'm not wowed by it! It does help with spots, but it doesn't give the same results as other spot treatments I've tried :)

    |DippyWrites|

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh it's such a shame this wasn't a winner!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, didn't do anything for my skin. Thanks for the honest review! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your honest review! I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo as a spot treatment. Directions say to apply all over, but I'd much rather treat spots as they appear, instead of adding one more layer to my entire face. – Keena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame it didn't work for you, I havent tried it but I giggle at the name of it!

    Danniella Josephine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use this often and for me it works! I think it all depends on your skin type and how bad the acne is. I've been using it for about 3 months and it's helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.