Monday 25 November 2013

TAG: BEAUTY THINGS I SUCK AT

il_fullxfull.421090442_hzn3
IMAGE TAKEN FROM HERE
Nobody is perfect and as much as I want to be I don't even come close. I've seen this type of post floating around for a while now and I thought it was high time that I shared all of the things that I suck at with you. I'm not just sticking to beauty either - I'll throw a few fashion and lifestyle things in there for good measure. Let me know if you suck at any of the same things as me in the comments below.


- LIQUID EYELINER
I'm absolutely useless at liquid eyeliner. I have very little control of my hands and they shake a lot. This means I either end up with a line that is far too thick, unevenness or I simply poke myself in the eye. I avoid it at all costs.


- TAKING MY MAKE UP OFF WHEN I'M DRUNK
I don't get drunk very often (any more) but when I go out I am guilty of piling on the slap and then, when I come home, falling straight into my bed without taking my make up off. I know, I know, I really should know better. Still, face planting a pillow is always the better option at the time.


- NOT RUBBING MY EYES
Ever since I've been small I've always rubbed my eyes, scratched my eyes, moved my eyes to get rid of that tried/stinging/itchy feeling. I know I'm only giving myself bad wrinkles in the future but it's the habit of a lifetime. If I'm wearing eyeliner and I do this I end up looking like a panda (which looks cute on a panda but not on a grown woman).


- KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST COLLECTIONS
Unless it's been ridiculously hyped up then I probably won't know about it until it's happened and/or over. I'm just not that into keeping up with MAC or Chanel or Dior etc. Don't get me wrong, if a brand catches my eye then I will check them out more regularly than others but most of the time I simply stumble across a product I like. I have managed to keep up with a few good lipstick launches from the drugstore though.


- BITING MY NAILS
I'm a nail nibbler. I always have been. I always will be to some extent or another. I have managed to grow my nails a little now but I still bite them a little bit. I can't help it. And I know about the germs and all that jazz... I've been doing it since I can remember so it's one of those life-long habits that will be extremely hard to break. 


- GETTING 8 HOURS A NIGHT
I can be a bit of night owl and then I have to get up really early which kills me. I never learn though and I spend most days in a bit of blurry sleepy haze. People who know me know this when I take a long time to respond to the simplest of questions or completely forget to reply to texts.


- WEARING MY GLASSES
I'm supposed to wear them whenever I'm in front of any type of screen, driving or reading - so that would be all the time. I only wear them when I have a headache. Fail. And I can't wear contacts purely because the thought of putting something in my eye completely freaks me out.


- GETTING EXERCISE
Unless you count running about and heavy lifting at work then I don't actively exercise ever. I walk every where but that's only because I can't drive and I dance about when I clean the house but as for actually getting my ass into gear to go running or put on an exercise video? It's not happening.



- WEARING PRINTS
I just can't pull them off particularly well. Those stained-glass effect trousers from Primark that were so popular? Nope - can't do them. The patterned leggings everywhere at the moment? I look ridiculous in them. I'll always be one for plain clothes. On the plus side - at least I don't have to deal with the whole 'last season' thing when I wear block colours.


- SUPER HIGH HEELS
I'm 6ft in flats so when I wear really high heels I end up being Amazonian in stature. I'm broad too and I never seem to become stable in a sky-high pair of heels.


I'm sure there are 100s more things I suck at (in fact I know there are) but I don't want this post to be boringly long. If you enjoyed this post though, let me know and I'll do my best to write another very soon. Are there any things that you suck at?

8 comments:

  1. I'm awful at wearing prints too! I can occasionally get away with it in dresses but there will never be printed trousers in my wardrobe ;') xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers!
    I really should exercise...but I'm REALLY good at talking myself out of it! I also tend to stay away from prints because they scare me a little...
    And being 5 ft 1, heels are my best friend BUT i'm super clumsy so I stick with wedges (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awful with getting 8 hours a night, I feel tired but I always seem to have something to do or something that distracts me from bed! Liquid eyeliner is definitely a tricky one, I wish I was better at eyeliner, especially flicks!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh some really interesting answers there, I used to be a nail nibbler but I grew out of it and now it is something I never do, which is odd as I did it all the time as a teen x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rub my eyes all the time, especially in the summer!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the list of things I'm bad at is soooo long!
    I do have to say that I don't wear a lot of make-up at all so at least my face is always clean when I go to bed. Score for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just impossible NOT to rub your eyes. I've found a gel liner works the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't do a flick, apply foundation right or eyeshadow! :')

    Danniella Josephine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.