Saturday 28 December 2013

BYE BYE 2013...

Sunset_2007-1


2013 - what did it mean for you? I decided I would dedicate a little space to last year but looking back on some of the funnier and better moments and sharing them with you. So here is a sneak peek into the life I led this last year and hopefully you've all got loads of fun memories of 2013 too!


JANUARY
I started a new job at a well known supermarket and instantly made a lot of new friends that I can't wait to see again soon. So many laughs. So many side-splitting moments.




FEBRUARY
Skiing with the family turned out to be a rather interesting experience after having to be mountain rescued after a nasty fall. My knee still isn't the same to be honest but I wouldn't change it for the world. What an experience! It was genuinely such an amazing week - even if my brother did threaten to kill my boyfriend (I kind of wanted him to as well...) because his alarm in the mornings was so annoying.


Helen_You_Cold_Mon
February_Skiing_Alps


MARCH
March was the beginning of the rebuild of my relationship with my sister and the first time I was able to see my niece properly which was awesome. I now count my sister as one of my best friends and, whilst we're not always together, we're really close. Obviously the beauty that is my niece is now one of those little pleasures in life that I couldn't be without. 


mum, little one and aunty
This photo was taken on Christmas day but it's the only one I have of all three of us together at the moment...

APRIL
April was a really quiet month in terms of things actually happening. It was more of a stay at home and do nothing month to be honest. I know that there were a lot of laughs at work and some more at home but there was no 'events' or anything.


MAY
After several months of tweeting and texting almost every single day I got to meet the fabulous Islay in person in London. It had been a long time coming and I think of her as my little sister so it was so good to finally meet her.


JUNE
June was a good month for sunshine as I remember and therefore we spent a lot of time in various beer gardens and really enjoying the good weather. I was also getting ready for July as much as possible...


JULY
Possibly one of the highlights of my entire year, I managed to organise and pull off the July Blogger Meet Up in London which was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it. I adored meeting all of the fabulous like-minded amazing women that came and I can't wait to plan another one for next year.


#julylondonmeetup group
july london meet up


AUGUST
I was unemployed during August so a lot of it was spent improving the house or gardening. I also did a lot of blogging during August.


SEPTEMBER
September was spent with my family for the most part. My dad got married and then, right at the end of the month I landed myself a new job at a well known retailer. It was only a temporary Christmas job but it was a lot of fun.




OCTOBER
I turned 25 and moved out of the '18-24' tick-box into the '25-34' one. It wasn't something I was happy about but I like to think that now I'm in my mid twenties I know a lot more about myself than I ever did and I'm a lot more comfortable in my own skin. I've spent a lot of my life worried about what other people think of me or how I come across but it was at 25 I realised that I'm a little eccentric with a dirty/strange sense of humor and I happen to like who I am. I now know my likes and my dislikes and I need to make moves that are good for me and my happiness.


NOVEMBER
I really started to enjoy going out again with my sister and my friends. I also rekindled some old friendships which I'm happy about. Life was finally getting back on track again. 


DECEMBER
Well hard work pays off as I've had my contract extended. On top of that I've had a great Christmas surrounded by family and I couldn't reasonably ask for a better end to the year than that. In the new year I have plans to go to London again and will be seriously thinking about the next move for the future. I can't actually wait.


What have you all been up to this year? 

4 comments:

  1. You sound like you've had a roller-coaster of a year, but I'm so glad it ended positively and I wish you the best for your future!

    Daisy x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you're now really close with your sister. Sounds like a good year.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a pretty good year. It's nice to see all the achievements one can get, more in perspective. I like your weekly goals a lot, and find this post an excellent complement of those. Congrats on all your achievements!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a nice year and hope 2014 is even better!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.