Thursday 12 December 2013

REVIEW: BURT'S BEES HONEYBEE FAVOURITES - POMEGRANATE

Burt's_Bees_Pomegranate_Duo_1
Burt's_Bees_Pomegranate_Duo_2
Burt's_Bees_Pomegranate_Duo_3


Christmas is just a couple of weeks away (if that) but this is one of those stocking filler type-duos that I just couldn't resist keeping for myself. I feel like I've been missing a little bit of Burt's Bees from my life as this is the first couple of products that I've ever tried from the brand and as an introduction goes it wasn't a bad one.


Burt's Bees packaging is very much distinguishable but it's yellow body and red font. This little duo is really well presented and made to look very much like something you want to own/are glad to own straight away. I've been using both products to their fullest and can tell you that they're good.


Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm Tube
This is now my go-to lip balm at work. It's a small stick that twists up easily, hasn't broken on me yet (even after a month of using it almost every single day) and fits into any pocket. I prefer these types of balms when I'm at work purely because my hands get so ridiculously dirty from dusty boxes that I don't especially want to stick my finger in something I'm then going to put near my face. There's no scent to it and there isn't a colour pay-off even though the balm is coloured red. It's simply very hydrating and that's all I want from a lip balm really. 


Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion
I like this lotion - I think it's a fairly medium consistency and it seems to sink in well although it does leave the skin slightly tacky for a while after application. The scent is a little 'meh' though. It's not the light milk or honey scent that I was expecting - it's more reminiscent of sweet coconut which is not a scent I naturally gravitate towards. Still it's not offensive and if you like coconut scents then you might like this. I don't think it's the kind of lotion very dry skin needs but if you're quite religiously about your body care or have normal skin then I think this would be enough for you. It would definitely be a product I would use in the summer only I'd choose a different scent. 


All in all I think this is a great little gift or stocking filler. You could even treat yourself to it and it would be good for taking travelling because the products are small enough to carry. I will definitely be trying more from Burt's Bees and I will think about repurchasing the Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm Tube because I feel like that is the stand out product for me out of these two (although I say 'think' because I have a good 10 other lip balms to get through).


Burt's Bees Honeybee Favourites 'Pomegranate' (RRP £5.99) is available from the Gorgeous Shop website for £4.79. You can find out more information, enter competitions and see more products from Burt's Bees by going to the Burt's Bees website or by following one of their social media platforms: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube.


DISCLAIMER: The product(s) reviewed in the post were sent to me C/O gorgeousshop.co.uk. All opinions expressed about the product are my own. I will never dishonestly review a product as I believe dishonest reviews lead to a lack of trust from my readership. I have not received any sponsorship for this review, simply the product. I was under no obligation to review this product when I received it. There are no sponsored links in this post and I will not earn any commission if you click on the links. For my full disclaimer policy please see the page labelled 'PR & DISCLAIMER' which is located in my sidebar and under my blog header.

5 comments:

  1. Heard amazing things about these!! x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own that lipblam and i love it, it really helps keep the chappiness away!

    lovely post!

    zara xx

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely try the lemon butter cuticle creme next, it's divine!

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have their Honey lip balm and love it. No colour either but very hydrating xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really nice gift set. Burt's Bees products are so nice & their lipbalms are perfect at this time of year. I have a couple and use them all the time x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.